Monday, October 13, 2014

Allergies of all kinds

Allergies...


I've had them all my life. At a very young age (4-5?) I can remember crying on my mom's lap because my sinuses hurt. I had chronic ear infections, puffy eyes, and headaches as a child. I have always had seasonal allergies, except I'm so lucky I get to be allergic to something in every season!. I also have food sensitivities, allergic to mold, maple trees, grass, and even my dog.


Allergies are what got me started on essential oils. My whole family has at least seasonal allergies, and a few members got my lucky 'extras'.  I have to admit, I was open to alternative medicine long before learning about essential oils. Don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to the allopathic practice of medicine. It saved my life at age 17.   But over the years I have sought more traditional and natural methods time and again. I'm just not happy with the side effects that most medications have on me. I'm one of those people that is in the 2.5%. You know, the "less than 3% of people suffer this side effect" person.

When I ran across essential oils we were spending quite a bit on allergies medicine and other OTC drugs for the symptoms that weren't helped by the prescriptions. However, when I really looked at the big picture, I felt the prescriptions weren't helping at all. We spent $50/mo copay each on nasal sprays for 3 people. We used to pay a $60 (then $30 generic) copay for Claritin for 2 of us but then it became OTC. Our cost tripled for that. I paid $15 for prescription steroid eczema creme that 2 of us shared (shhhhh....). We bought Advil and Tylenol at Costco for the headaches/sinus pain and Sudafed at the drug store. My hubby was taking anywhere from 2-4 Sudafed and Tylenol/Advil doses a day depending on the season. I was doing at least 2. Then there was the frequent cost of antibiotics for when it all didn't work and we got sinus infections. Mine and my husband's liver function numbers were "concerning" to the doctors when we had our annual blood test. I was sure there had to be a better way.



Enter essential oils and Rebecca's blog www.campwander.com. I ran across her blog from Jill at www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com, her sister. I love these girls! They have awesome ideas. Anyway I began to read Camp Wander daily and liked what I read. I had always believed if there was a natural solution to something, it was the better route. I searched her blog for allergies and found a great post! I bought the supplies; a bottle of Lemon, bottle of Lavender, a bottle of  Peppermint (LLP), roller bottle and some fractionated coconut oil) and got started. I made my first allergy roller bottle, immediately used it, and IMMEDIATELY it started working on my congestion! I kid you not, right away my sinuses began to drain! Nothing over the years has ever worked that fast or that well on my allergies. It isn't perfect by any means, and it isn't a cure. I still have allergies. But when it comes to managing the symptoms, nothing beats LLP - hands down! The best part is it is natural, so if any allergies are really still bugging me an hour later I can reapply with no worries, no overdose risk, no negative side effects.


I keep this LLP roller with me at all times. I use it rolled on my sinuses for typical allergy congestion. I also roll it on my temples for allergy headaches, behind and in front of my ears for ear congestion, on my eyebrows when my eyes are itchy or watery (not too close, it will burn), on bug bites, in my navel if I'm having an allergic food reaction, or in my navel if my dog is making me itch all over. My husband and I also take a capsule of 6 drops LLP internally daily for allergies. We up it to 9 drops a capsule if it is a particularly bad time of the season.

It does seems to have had one side effect. It has improved both my husband and my digestion - go figure! I'm sure it is the daily peppermint and lemon.

Lucky for us -

Spark Naturals makes LLP all ready for you in a blend called, wait for it....LLP

To celebrate how awesome this blend is, and to get someone out there started on essential oils, I'm giving away a 5ml bottle of LLP and a 10ml  roller bottle. 

To make the roller I use:

Place 30 drops LLP in the roller then fill the remainder of the space with fractionated coconut oil. That easy!

(You can also use 10 drops each of lemon, lavender and peppermint if you use your bottle all up and don't have any super, duper, easy LLP)

You can use fractionated coconut oil, or any carrier oil that works for you, in the roller. Almond seed oil, grape seed, hemp seed oil, your choice. 



5 comments:

  1. I started with the oil of the month club. It was an inexpensive way to start my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moms EOS. LXR and Headache Blend. Want to learn more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother in law gave us some oils a few years ago but we didn't know how to use them. Then we bought a kit from a class and started using them... mainly lavender, on guard, lemon, maleleuca at first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I purchased the Essential 4 Pack and Dream, then joined the OOTM club. Still a beginner but I love what I've learned so far!

    ReplyDelete